Monday, January 02, 2006

Sightseeing in Singapore...(5)

After I had waked up, it was almost sunset.

Since this was the first time for me to travel alone and I did not familiar with the city, so I decided to explore the nearby section around the Westin Plazza and took some tourguide on the desk of the hotel.

There was a mall just next to the Westin Plazza. I was not a crazy shopper, so I just went for a walk on each floor in the building. When I was in Taiwan, my work partner said that many things in Singapore were very fashion, but it seemed not true when I was looking at the products in the stores.

After I had felt a little bit tired, I tried to find a place to take a rest. Suddenly, I found a fast food restaurant provided sandwich and hamberger. I walked inside. There was a young girl was welcoming me.

"hello!", the girl said with a light smile.

"I... I... want this and this.", I was a little bit nervous.

Then I found that she was not smile anymore. I think, maybe she thought I was a stammerer. I have to admit that my English was very poor at that time. But, so what? At that moment, I wanted to ask that girl if she could speak Mandarin well or not.

Sitting in fornt of the French window and watching people walking passby was very interesting. I enjoyed my orange juice and sandwich. This was the first time I felt that I was a traveller.

(to be continued)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home